One Month To Live: Day 1

Day 1: Living the dash.

We are going through a church-wide initiative using the book, small group, and personal journal study, One Month to Live, as written and produced by Kerry and Chris Shook of Houston's Fellowship of the Woodlands church. I am in the unique position to be leading two small groups through this study - young adults and the Youth Ministry Team. I'm not sure I will post every day of the 30 that are involved, but if I feel comfortable sharing, I will.

The primary focus of the first day is: how will you and I spend our "dash"? This refers to that little dash we will eventually have on our tombstones separating our birth year from the year of our death. This dash may represent the duration of our lives, but how does it reflect the quality of the lives we lived? I've been asked this question before, but given the consistent theme of this 30-day study, I've not thought about it as long.

When I consider the dash, I can't help but reflect on the dash lived so far. While I am so thankful for God's providence, salvation, and grace - the scope of any of these is immeasurable to me - it's hard for me not to be filled with regret over the sin I've committed, the opportunities I've wasted, and the loved ones I've hurt. It is my desire that this study will strengthen my resolve to live the remaining duration of the dash in a manner most pleasing and glorifying to God, through His Son, by His Holy Spirit.

The first day's questions are:

Name five things I’d change about my life and one to begin changing today.

How do I want to be different after this book?

Tell at least one other person that I’m reading this book. Then, ask them to circle their calendar 30 days from now and ask me how my life has changed.

Comments

Kristin Baker said…
I did this book over the summer and loved it! Enjoy the ride!

Popular posts from this blog

The Storehouse of Goodness

Lessons of Trust

Who is your king?