Another Year...

Over 2008, I wrote 133 posts leading to 44 of your comments. Many thanks to those who take the time to read my ramblings and a special thank you to those who take even more time to add their thoughts and encouragement to the conversation.

In my first blog posting, I wrote:

"When it comes to consistent journal keeping or writing, I haven't excelled. The "tyranny of the urgent" takes hold and I don't take the time to shake loose from it. However, in the role that I've been blessed with, it may just be time to use this media for a few purposes:
  • Express myself
  • Communicate my thoughts to others who may care
  • Offer others an opportunity to express themselves as they respond to my ramblings
  • Strengthen whatever creative writing muscle God has blessed me with
  • Connect with other bloggers, multiply perspectives, and grow spiritually, intellectually, and emotionally"

In these last months, I have allowed the "tyranny of the urgent" to distract me from this privilege of writing. And, I will do better as I start the new year reminding myself that, in the words of that wise sage Yoda, there is no try - only "do" or "do not". As I look at my purposes for starting the blog, they haven't changed. And, for the most part, in the previous year I was able to progress through these purposes as stated. One thing that didn't happen as I'd hoped was the further connection with other bloggers, seeking new perspectives, and subsequent growth personally. This will be an emphasized purpose for the new year.

To all those who take the time to read these words I share, again, thank you and may God richly bless you and your year.

May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it. 1 Thess. 5:23-24

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Storehouse of Goodness

Lessons of Trust

Who is your king?