Thoughts from Lost Valley...

While attending the CBMC Retreat at Lost Valley Ranch near Deckers, CO, first on the agenda was Dave McCasland. He spoke of the 2nd coming of Christ as referenced in Mt. 24:36-51. This was the kind of "end-times" discussion I like because instead of talking about the speculative details of Jesus' return, he focused on how we approach that blessed event. The conversation was around our watchfulness, readiness, and doing what is expected of us when He returns.

Questions I have for myself:
  1. How often do I think that the Lord may come back today? Answer: not often enough.
  2. How does the Lord’s coming affect my behavior? Am I watchful? (Mt. 24:42) Answer: I don’t regularly watch for His arrival.
  3. How ready am I for the Lord’s arrival? (v44) Good news: if we're always ready then we don't have to get ready.
  4. How ready am I for the surprise visits of God? These surprise visits are those here and now visits that we might miss if we're not looking for God in our day-to-day lives.
  5. What will the Lord find me doing when He comes? (v46) Am I self-indulgent or others-focused?
  6. How am I, as a co-shepherd of the sheep, taking care of the flock and their needs?

As always, I am enjoying my time here. It's challenging me and reminding me of how important it is to stay close to the Lord and seek to be even closer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Storehouse of Goodness

Lessons of Trust

Who is your king?