Declaration Time

This week, my son Lewis enjoyed his last day of High School.  Wow.  It's hard to believe that he's 18 and ready to complete a major milestone in his life.  In addition to graduating from High School, I chose this time to hold a ceremony of sorts to declare our common understanding of what it means to be a man.

In a previous post, I wrote how I believe that men of God are called to obey His will, work as He leads, and love a godly woman without condition.  Well, this week, Lewis and came to the agreement that a man of God:
  • rejects passivity,
  • accepts responsibility,
  • leads courageously, and 
  • and expects the greater reward.
This is completely counter to what the world defines a man to be - essentially a human male.   Being a male is possessing a specific arrangement of chromosomes.  Being a man is a choice.

So, this is what he and I agreed upon this weekend as a few godly men surrounded Lewis, prayed for him, and witnessed his decision.  I thank God for what He has done, is doing, and will do in Lewis' life as he chooses to be a man of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Storehouse of Goodness

Lessons of Trust

Who is your king?