Struggling with my emotions

What do I mean?

In a meeting this week, I was less prepared than I should have been. What's more irritating is that I checked ahead of time to be prepared and felt assured that I didn't need to be. As a result, I missed a chance to lead. Now, we have to wait until we meet again to resolve and capitalize on an important opportunity.

Secondly, there has been a brewing issue that's turned into the "rotting carcass" in the room. In other words, everyone knows it's there, but nothing is happening to solve the problem and we all get to smell the remains. Yuck. The resolution seems simple but it's not simple - because the problem has been left unsolved since before I arrived. While I've mitigated the problem, it remains a thorny issue that will require stamina, courage, and additional patience (maybe even long-suffering) in order to solve the problem and deal with the aftermath of its resolution.

Lastly, we have just come off of a big change in whose mostly positive aftermath we are still managing. It's a typical after-project feeling that comes when we should be done, but there are still tweaks left to make and fine details which require thought, study, and rapid execution. Our expectations, therefore, remain unmet - at least for a time.

So, what's the struggle? The struggle is within me to accomplish all that's required and ensuring we're all still arm-in-arm after we take the hill. Part of me just wants to "get-er-done." But the leader in me wants us all to "get-er-done" and keep getting things done as we enjoy the win-win of a godly team: accomplishing great things for the Lord AND growing closer to Christ and each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Storehouse of Goodness

Lessons of Trust

Who is your king?