Fun with Sherry...

In a few short weeks, Sherry and I will have been married for 21 years (that's her at a Mercy Me concert a few weeks ago). Wow. Here are some thoughts on the first twenty-one and the next...

Marriage, as a particular relationship, is transformational, NOT transactional. What?! Anyone or anything which transforms, must lose itself first. The butterfly is no longer a caterpillar. The baby is no longer an ovum. And I am, thank God, no longer the guy she met so long ago. While I remain me, I am no longer me. I am the me who is joined with Sherry. And, she is no longer Sherry but the Sherry who is joined with greg. We're different - because we're united. We rely on each other to be who God has called us each to be - individually AND united with one to the other.

I love to hear her laugh and she still makes me laugh. I love being with her - in fact, there is no one on this planet with whom I'd rather be. While there have been times in our relationship when I have not demonstrated my recognition of this blessing, God still pours His grace upon me by allowing me the privilege of being her guy.

With regard to the next twenty, thirty, or fifty years together while we are on this earth, as God allows, I look forward to the ongoing transformation that comes from a lifetime together - united in Christ and each other.

Think that's over the top? Nah. She's worth every bit of it.

Love you, Sherry!!

Comments

sherryLsmith said…
How did you ever get to be so wonderful???

Luv u! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

The Storehouse of Goodness

Lessons of Trust

Who is your king?