Dangerous Men

What is a dangerous man?

The first image that comes to my mind is someone who is armed and seeks to hurt someone - anyone. But, I was reminded of a quote by author James Baldwin: “The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose.”

Nothing to lose.

The Apostle Paul had nothing to lose. Everything he'd been given he considered far less than the "surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus." Do we consider Christ above all else? Really? This is a tough one. While I know from God's Word that the true treasures for me are waiting in heaven upon my arrival, I still demonstrate in thought, word, and action that I hold too tightly on that which is temporal.

To what are you and I holding too tightly that prevents us from being dangerous men and women for Christ - true world changers?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Storehouse of Goodness

Lessons of Trust

Who is your king?