Sprinklers!

I have said to many this year that I haven't had to schedule my sprinklers to come on at all because it's been so wet this year. Really, I've only manually run the sprinklers maybe 8 times total this season. During the late summer and early fall, as the temps were more reasonable and we could open our windows at night, sometimes I heard a neighbor's sprinklers come on at 4AM. Each time I heard this I wondered why he would saturate his lawn further when we've received so much rain.

Well, this morning, I had to go to the church because a fire alarm went off and the firemen needed someone responsible for the property to come on site and reset the fire alarm and a breaker. There was, thank God!, no fire. False alarm.

However, the real mystery unraveled when I returned home. As I pulled up, it appeared that my driveway was wet. It was a clear night - so, no rain. I initially thought my neighbor's sprinklers were on, but there was no way that his sprinkler could have reached that far. While I was initially in denial, I eventually had to admit that our sprinklers were on! All that time, I thought I didn't have the sprinklers set to come on except through manual means. But, do you know what? Those sprinklers at 4am? Mine - the whole time.

In my defense, the sprinkler control box is of an ancient origin and difficult to master. Oh, well. Humility is a good thing. Apologies, of course, go to my kind neighbors for how I saturated the edge of their lawns and somehow blamed them for it. Thanks for putting up with the newbie on the block.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Storehouse of Goodness

Lessons of Trust

Who is your king?