...and Dad?

My son Isaac has an interesting habit he picked up from his brothers. He will walk into the room where I am and begin whatever he says to me with "...but Dad..." I typically respond with "...and Dad?" He then smiles and corrects himself with "and Dad" before launching into whatever he was going to say.

Any conjunction (but, and, however, etc.) implies a previous statement - by either side of the conversation. In Isaac's case, there is no obvious previous statement - and he's getting MUCH better at starting with "and Dad.." No, to me it seems like an ongoing conversation between us. I love that and hope there will always be an ongoing conversation between us regardless of which conjunction he uses.

Thinking about this with regard to the Father's relationship with His Son, I wonder if Jesus began in the same way, "and Dad?"

Shouldn't we consider our conversations with Him in the same way?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Storehouse of Goodness

Lessons of Trust

Who is your king?