Parting is such sorrow...

In June and July 2007, my family and I were blessed to visit my daughter, Katharina, in Germany to attend her high school graduation celebration. It was great fun and an experience none of us shall soon forget. When we left, we had to say goodbye to Katharina. What made it even more sad was that we had no idea how long it would be until we saw each other again.

Looking through some pictures recently, I came across a snapshot my sister took of me and Katharina as we shared those last moments together, saying goodbye to one another. Given that Katharina has been unable to come visit us due to her university and work schedule, this picture not only captures those moments but reminds me again of how much I miss her. Sweet girl, come see us soon!

Comments

sherryLsmith said…
I think it's true - pictures are worth a thousand words. This insightful photograph captures a "sorrowful" love between a father and daughter who unfortunately are unable to spend time together. There is no continent or language barrier here - just a pure love between parent and child.

Popular posts from this blog

The Storehouse of Goodness

Lessons of Trust

Who is your king?