Wichita, plays, the church, and change...

It's been a crazy week and one where I've not written like I should. God still demonstrates that He is faithful, just, full of grace, mercy, and love.


  • Two of my boys (Cameron and Lewis, left to right) were in their first play at Maize High School - a production of Wilder's Our Town. Although they had small parts in the play, they did well.

  • When God said that we'd be moving to Wichita, Kansas, I was eager to serve, but wondered if we'd really like it here. Well, I'm thankful to say that the people are kind, the storms are strong, and His impact upon this community is equally powerful and efficacious (look it up...:).


  • National Day of Prayer was May 1. I have mixed feelings about it. From what people at Central have told me, it was a blessing to so many. That is pleasing to me. What I wonder about is this: if we are focused on changing lives (turning uncommitted people into fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ), then how many of those outside the church were affected? How were lives changed? I don't know but would love to hear/read what you think...


  • We went to see Iron Man this weekend. Wow. Another comic book brought to the big screen. Robert Downey, Jr. was a good choice in the casting of the lead character. While I did enjoy the most of it, still there was one gratuitous bedroom scene (albeit veiled), an unfortunate amount of booze, and some language. Not for the immature...


  • This morning, I had the privilege of teaching one of the Sunday School classes - the Motivators. They are welcoming and gracious. They learned that God is their shield, that they can take refuge in Him, that they therefore can believe whatever word He gives them, and, as ducks, they are to fly and not waddle; trust and THEN obey ...:)


  • Change is happening here at Central Community: lives, ministries, and facilities - all for the glory of God!

Comments

Kristin Baker said…
I love my handsome cousins! Wish I could have seen the play!
Richard Byrne said…
I am so glad the boys are doing well! Thanks Greg for the blog and I'll be checking regularly.

Popular posts from this blog

The Storehouse of Goodness

Lessons of Trust

Who is your king?