Weekly catchup

  • I'm reviewing Tim Stevens' book "Pop Goes the Church" and it is definitely challenging my thinking and integrity with regard to my approach to the popular culture: how I approach it, when I embrace it, what I consider to be acceptable, and what part of it I allow to filter in to my church. It's a good book so far (I'm about half way through).
  • Last week was interesting in that, for the first time since taking this new role, I struggled with stress. Seriously. Was it the experience of watching a friend endure a heart attack? I don't know. However, it has driven me to my knees in earnest pleas to God for His wisdom and strength. I know I'm not going to deal with it on my own.
  • The true height, weight, and girth of the organism at Central is becoming more clear - and daunting. I will work with the team this week to ensure I'm on the right priorities. Currently, the list includes: volunteer experience/leadership, mission/vision emphasis, administrative staffing, facilities planning/maintenance, IT Support, Tech services.
  • What is nagging me, though, is this: what am I missing? What is the really big deal that I haven't seen yet? Or, worse, I've seen it but ignored it. Yikes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Storehouse of Goodness

Lessons of Trust

Who is your king?