Lord, do I cherish "it"?

In a previous post, I wrote from an excerpt of Craig Groeschel's book "it". "It", of course, is from God - His glory, His Spirit, His Son, Himself. This book challenged me and clearly made me uncomfortable. Why? Because there are times where I focus my time on that which doesn't contribute to, in fact distracts from, what God has called me to do - namely, to carry out the mission and vision of His church.

Mission and vision: what am I doing to accomplish the mission towards the vision of God for this church? What have I allowed to get in the way of it?

Camaraderie: by whom am I surrounded who I am allowing to distract me from His divine focus? Also, by whom am I surrounded who gets "it" and wants "it" as much as or even more so than I do?

Sharing: how often do I share the Lord with others who simply don't know Him or don't care to?

Risk: what am I willing to risk in order to prepare a place (in my heart, in my office, in my home) for the Lord to dwell?

Craig makes a great and personal case for completely surrendering to the Lord so that He can: stretch me, ruin me, and heal me. This IS the most challenging for me. I've been wired to be strong for those around me - my family, my friends, my church - conveniently forgetting God's promise that His strength is made perfect in my weakness.

If you have an opportunity, read the book. And, as this blessing suggests, may you (and I) indeed be blessed with discomfort.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Storehouse of Goodness

Lessons of Trust

Who is your king?