Yo, Child of God! Be encouraged!


A fellow Christ-follower wrote me recently:

I don't feel blessed.
So many things in my life are not the way I envisioned them. Am I hurt? Angry? Envious? Feeling like God has abandoned me? That I'm not good enough? That I'm not a good enough person? That I'm not blessed?
When I became a Christ follower, my life changed for the better. But I fail so often to be the person I think God wants me to be. I've failed so often to do the right thing. I thought I knew that God loves us unconditionally, but I don't think I know that now.
I look at all the things I think are wrong with my life and I feel like I'm being punished and that I deserve that.
I don't see that my life is much different than others I know who have family, friends, jobs, etc and aren't Christians. So why do I do this "Christian thing"?
What am I missing here?
Perhaps you've felt the same way - you look around you and see the outside of folks' lives and wonder, "why are they so happy, and I'm not?"

Can I encourage you?

God has not abandoned you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Joshua 1:9 - Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

He does love you without condition - even as you struggle in your sin nature. Romans 5:8 - But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

When difficult circumstances come into our lives, God uses them - not to "punish" His children, but to discipline them: Hebrews 12:1-13 - verse 7 Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?

Lastly, we don't do the "Christian thing", we are "Christians" through our relationship with Christ. We receive the love that saved us from ourselves so that we can have a relationship with Him - the creator and sustainer of the universe - and have the blessing of His peace.

You. Are. A. Child. Of. God!

As hard as it may seem, put your trust in Him - and you will have the peace that only He has to offer you.

Is. 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Phil. 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Keep moving forward. Seek the LORD. Receive His love. 

Love Him back, then with His love, love others.

" And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.  Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching." - Hebrews 10:24-25

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Storehouse of Goodness

Lessons of Trust

Who is your king?