We've Got Good News!

As we prepared for baptism last Sunday, I had the privilege of talking with folks about how they came to Christ - how they experienced the Good News that only He has to offer us.  What great encouragement!  These stories remind me of how desperately we need Jesus - every day - and how thankful I am for the grace of God.

I found helpful a few Scriptures that bear memorization regarding the Good News of Jesus Christ. Here they are:

All have sinned

Sin has a penalty


Christ paid the penalty

Must receive Christ


Salvation not by works

Assurance of Salvation



Take some time today and prayerfully meditate on what God offers a dying world. And, if you haven't received Christ in your life, today could be the day!

(NOTE: One of the blessings (and challenges) I've had is Scripture Memorization.  Though difficult, it is ALWAYS worth it.  The Scriptures above are taken from the Navigators' Topical Memory System.  I highly recommend it!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Storehouse of Goodness

Lessons of Trust

Who is your king?